Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Travel Destinations

Destination

TOBOSO

 TOBOSO

A feature blog about the town of Toboso, Negros Occidental. 

* * * * * * * *

Toboso Lighthouse faces the Tanon Strait, 
a body of water that divides the islands of Cebu and Negros. 
All photos by Henry Libo-on, Touristang Pobre. 

* * * * * * * * * 

Introduction 

The municipality of Toboso is one of my project areas when I was with the Office of the Governor in the Province of Negros Occidental. I am, therefore, familiar with the progress of the town. 

After arriving from New York in September, 2022, l planned a visit to Toboso which I have not visited for more than 30 years. 

I am going to share my visit there through these pictures. 

.
This is the facade of the town market. Nearby are stores that sell all the goods needed by the people of the town. 

This is the back of the market that faces the sea. Nearby is the municipal wharf. 
Located near the market is the Gymnasium.



This is town plaza. 
The photos I posted here show the past and present infrastructure projects undertaken in Toboso. 
Thirty plus years ago, these infra projects were just in the drawing board so to speak. Now, these are realities.


The Lighthouse of the Municipality of Toboso also serves as a public area where the residents can visit and have a good view of the sea, the Tanon Strait, and the nearby islands. 
This is an icon that represents the town's progress. I think so. 

Several Fishermen's boats are docked by the seaside. 


The back of the market. This small buidling houses the restrooms and a small space that looks like a temporary office. There is a concrete pathway leading to the lighthouse. 
All photos (posted above) by Henry Libo-on.

* * * * * * * * * 


Photo of Toboso Town Hall. 
Disclaimer: I do not own this photo. Source: Premier News Ventures. 

My comments:

I obseved that the munipality of Toboso has, indeed, leveled up in terms of Infrastructure development, compared to what it was more than 30 years ago. I frequented the town when the mayor was Mayor Bedonia, and when the former Provincial Assessor, Merlita Caelian, used to be the town's assessor. 

I always made a trip to Toboso and Calatrava since they're neighboring towns.  

Although the town has leveled up on infrastructure aspect of town development, it has remained simple and not at par with the neighboring towns. One of the reasons that I observed is - there were few business establishments and/or industries in the town. 

I am not sure if a Strategic Planning on Economic Development of Toboso can create ripples effect once this is materialized. I am not sure. 

Business establishments need market, land, port, and other economic, socio-cultural, and tourism activities that can create a "market" or a crowd to sustain these economic activities. 

Perhaps an economic corridor to be composed of Escalante, Toboso, Calatrava, and San Carlos can be created, and economic and tourism activities can be formulated to involve the four LGUs (Local Government Units).  I am thinking of including Salvador Benedicto town but it is a bit far from the 3 LGUs. Are they willing to experiment on this? Let's wait, and see?

* * * * * * * * 

In the meantime, Toboso is picking up. I wish the existing activities can be sustained. 

x-x-x-x-x-x


Before you go, please read my story about Calatrava and Palau Beach Resort, and Kikulas Hill Cafe, here on Touristang Pobre travel blog. 

Thank you. Salamat. Xei Xei, Arigato, Grazie. Gracias. 





TOBOSO Reviewed by Touristang Pobre on 10:01:00 AM Rating: 5

3 comments:

Share your awesome thoughts on this post.

All Rights Reserved by Touristang Pobre © 2014 - 2016

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by konradlew. Powered by Blogger.