Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Travel Destinations

Destination

PHOTOGRAPHY 101 AT THE PINK SAND OF HORSESHOE BAY BEACH, BERMUDA

BERMUDA ISLANDS, in the Atlantic Ocean, is a Territory of the United Kingdom. 

Blog and Photos by Henry C. Libo-on of Touristang Pobre. 

* * * * * * * * 

When I joined the Norwegian Breakaway cruise to the beautiful islands of Bermuda, I had the opportunity to roam around the island and saw for the first time, many beautiful cultural and historical sites and places.  But what made me enjoy the most was my short visit to its world-famous beach with pink sand.  In fact, there are so many beaches in the islands of Bermuda that I wish to discover but with limited time for the cruise line to stay in the island, I decided to maximize my time and just select the best and accessible places to me.  I will reserve the others next time if ever there will be a next, lol.

This is the hidden beach that only a few tourists have bothered to go to.  It is about a 5-minute walk from the entrance.   I chose to swim on that spot near the two persons walking to ensure my safety that I will not be swallowed by the rushing water, so to speak.    (Copyright photos by Henry Libo-on)

From the highway and the Bus Stop, the well-paved road with a pedestrian pathway will lead you to these Restrooms and Shower Rooms, then at the end is the entrance to the beach.

The most famous beach with pink Sand is Horseshoe Bay Beach.  It is located a few minutes away by bus from the Royal Naval Dockyard where the cruise ship Norwegian Breakaway docked for three days.

From the Dockyard,  I took a bus in front of the Bermuda National Museum.  Then, after several minutes of the bus ride, I asked the driver to drop me at Horseshoe Bay Beach.   He stopped at the Waiting Shed located on the junction of a short road that leads to the beach. From the Bus Waiting Shed, I walked for about five minutes then went my way to the beach area passing by the facilities at the entrance of the beach like the restrooms and shower rooms, the restaurant, and the small office overseeing the beach.  They also rent chairs and umbrellas.


The entrance to the Horseshoe Bay Beach from the shower rooms and the restaurant. 

As I approached the beach area, I noticed that there was a small cove on the right, shown here below.   That must be the Royal Cove or the Baby Beach where children with their parents frolicked in the clear water and children are playing on the white sand of that beach.

Children with their parents swim on this safer side of the beach. TP took this photo on top of a cliff.  

To the right side of the Horseshoe Bay Beach (in the top photo), are coves and beaches too.  I called one of those coves cum beaches my private beach. Why? Few people went there and you can enjoy swimming in tranquility.  This photo was taken by TP from the top of a cliff overlooking all of Horseshoe Beach and the Atlantic Ocean. 



The main beach is wide and long.  Several umbrellas can be seen and many people sitting on the chair were either reading or engaging in conversation with their companion.  The majority of the tourists enjoy the sun, the sand, and the sea.  A lifeguard was on duty at that time.

I continued my walk until the farthest end of Horseshoe Bay Beach.  This is on the leftmost side of the beach from the main entrance.  The photo below shows what I discovered.  A quiet place and equally stunning.

This is my favorite spot on Horseshoe Beach.  It is quiet here and the silence is so overwhelming that makes you feel that you are closer to your Creator. (Copyright photos by Henry Libo-on)























I walked around to explore the place and I saw a few couples sunbathing.  A few visitors were swimming without making noise, examining the pink sand, and taking pictures of the beautiful scenery.  The sand in that area is pinkish than the wide and long Horseshoe Beach at the main entrance.

I swam in the cove with several pieces of big rocks as if blocking the swimmers so as not to be swallowed by the open sea.  Safety was at the back of my head because there was no lifeguard on duty in that area.

For a few minutes, I enjoyed the privacy of the beach, as if it was my private beach, away from the crowded main beach in the distance.  Every tourist could probably experience what I had experienced.  Anywhere I go, I tried to find a place in that destination that I am comfortable, happy, or contented.  This Secret Cove and Beach is my private place in Bermuda and if I will come back in the future, I will go back and swim there again.  That time, it will be longer.  Perhaps, you can find yours when you visit the islands.

This blog is a continuation of the first blog I published earlier - Bermuda: Mysterious, Isolated & Gorgeous.  You can find it on this blog site too.

Lastly, here's another video about the equally well-known beaches around Bermuda, including the other historical sites and places, the towns, and villages located in several parishes around the island.
Thank you 12th Planet Video.

Source: 12th Planet Video


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY is my home for one week while on a cruise to Bermuda Islands. 

Can you try this one? 


Heritage Buildings around the Royal Naval Dockyard.  The photo below shows the Royal Chapel at St. George's Township. 



All Photos by Henry C. Libo-on,  the Touristang Pobre.

I hold the Copyright to all my photos.  You can message me if you want to use them. 

Wait, do you find this blog helpful?  Please leave a comment.  Thanks.

* * * * * * * * * * 

IF YOU LIKE THIS STORY, PLEASE "LIKE" MY FACEBOOK PAGE AND "SHARE" THIS STORY WITH YOUR FRIENDS.  THANKS. 

Thank you for the visit and hope you enjoy this blog.

Updated on February 25, 2019.
Updated on September 28, 2019. 
Updated on April 25, 2020. 
Reviewed on October 13, 2022. 


PHOTOGRAPHY 101 AT THE PINK SAND OF HORSESHOE BAY BEACH, BERMUDA Reviewed by Touristang Pobre on 3:39:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Share your awesome thoughts on this post.

All Rights Reserved by Touristang Pobre © 2014 - 2016

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by konradlew. Powered by Blogger.