Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Travel Destinations

Destination

NEW JERSEY: Why Hold A Party In A Buffet Restaurant?

Every year, families have to hold not only a party but several parties to celebrate a birthday, baptism, anniversary, a victory party, among others. Most of the time, the host has to worry for the facilities like chairs, tables, and a set of menu to be served.  Unconsciously or consciously, however, the preparation of the venue and the cleaning of the same after the event, is at the back of the host's mind.
Sushi Counter which also includes this Koki Salad, on the right, a house specialty, I guess. 

Many years in the past, my family would always opt for holding whatever party or gathering with family and friends in a restaurant.  Specialty restaurants and those with bar are common choices. In my family, however, we always think of our guests' satisfaction when holding parties.  Other than fellowship and camaraderie, food is the most important element that can make a party so special. For my family, the best way to hold a party is at a buffet restaurant where guests can have a long list of food to choose from.
Collard Greens tastes good.  Chicken Teriyaki is shown on the right. 

For example, seafood like oysters, crabs, shrimps, fish, lobsters and so on and so forth.  Meat, like red meat and white meat and cooked in different styles can be an exciting menu to choose from.


Sashimi Counter with fresh oysters and shrimps and raw fish (I have not seen the meat) sliced into small bite size with wasabi and sauce and lemon. 

Vegetables cooked in different ways can also add color to the list of menu served at a buffet restaurant. A wide selection of fruits in season and cuts into bite pieces can be so inviting when displayed in the buffet table.
This is, I guess, the Desserts Counter.  On top are pastries, cakes and other sweetened bread.  Below, are slices of fruits which I find very irresistible. 

A nice selection of desserts that ranges from cake, a sweetened bread, and ice cream among others can truly add a delight to the guest's palate. A wide selection of drinks to end the meal and a hot chocolate or coffee as finishing touches can truly create a feeling of contentment and relaxation after every meal.
"Ang walang kamatayang" ice cream.  Guests can have a choice from among the following: vanilla, strawberry, mint, chocolate and other flavors. 

Because I observed that these foods and drinks are available in a buffet restaurant, I do not wonder if families and their friends prefer to gather in a Buffet Restaurant.

So, now, allow me to feature a buffet restaurant that I visited recently.

KOKI BUFFET

It is located at 1350 Galloping Hill Road, Union, New Jersey. Koki offers a wide array of Japanese, Chinese and Asian Cuisine.  At the time of our visit at Koki, it was the birthday of my granddaughter. So, our family and friends have a wide selection of food that they like without us worrying about it when it was, for example, held at home.

Koki opens from 9:00 o'clock in the morning and closes at 9:30 in the evening, except Saturdays and Sundays when they close at 10:30 in the evening.

I really enjoyed dining at a buffet restaurant because of this reason. There are many foods cooked in different ways that I can choose from. For example, from the Sushi Counter, I found Koki's Titanic Roll and Chesapeake Roll delightful.  I also liked their Koki Salad.  Since I do not eat red meat, I chose General Tso's Chicken, Chicken Teriyaki, and Chicken Broccoli.  There are lots to choose from the Seafood Counter.  Crabs,  oysters, shrimps and slices of fish with paste and seasoning are great options.  Sauteed green vegetables like Collard Greens are nice to the palate that needs a diversion from the common taste of meats and fish.
My first plate.  Most of the time, I start with seafood, then meat, accompanied by carbohydrates taken from rice, noodles, potatoes or whatever.  This time, I have rice, chicken  broccoli and teriyaki, titanic and Chesapeake rolls, and Koki salad.  The next plate would be seafood.  Not a proper way to eat but I do not know I was attracted to start with Koki Salad and Titanic Rolls, so I just allowed my gustatory preference to flow, so to speak. 

My choices at Koki's included the following:  Koki Salad,Titanic Rolls, Chesapeake Rolls, Chicken Teriyaki, Chicken Broccoli, Fried Shrimps, Crabs, Oyster, Collard Greens, Pancit Guisado or noodles and Fried Rice.  Bite size fruits like cantaloupe and pineapple broke my appetite for more food.  I am on a diet, haha...To close my eating ritual, I had my "walang kamatayang" (literally means - no death or eternal) soda, I guess it was Sprite. By the way, my blood sugar is normal.

Meals can be both a recharging and social event.  Good food with good conversation and fellowship with family and friends is the most enjoyable and relaxing way to enjoy every meal.  I had that today at Koki Buffet.  A final ritual that I also enjoy much is to drink coffee.  It is a relaxing and yet refreshing way to put an end to this fine dining experience, for me...

No matter where you are, or what food you savor if you do not enjoy the moment, that event lost its meaning.  We eat to receive the blessings that God has given us and we enjoy the meal with family and friends to share this moment of bliss and gratefulness.

So, whether you are in a bar and restaurant in a five-star hotel or you are in a Japanese or Chinese buffet restaurant if you have a positive attitude to that experience or moment, that feeling and thinking will influence how you enjoy your meal. That is what I felt.  I enjoy dining at this buffet restaurant, the timing is good because it was lunchtime when there is enough food to choose from and the ambiance is nice.  It is relaxing.  The service crew and associates were nice and courteous. The place is clean.

Will I be coming to this buffet restaurant again?  Surely, if time warrants or when there will be another occasion to celebrate which I guess there will be enough, not necessarily in the family but with friends too.
* * * * * 

All photos by Henry Libo-on of Touristang Pobre.

Updated on February 5, 2018.




NEW JERSEY: Why Hold A Party In A Buffet Restaurant? Reviewed by Touristang Pobre on 9:06:00 PM Rating: 5

1 comment:

Share your awesome thoughts on this post.

All Rights Reserved by Touristang Pobre © 2014 - 2016

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by konradlew. Powered by Blogger.