Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Travel Destinations

Destination

IL CORSO CEBU

IL CORSO: CEBU'S SOUTH ROAD PROPERTY COME ALIVE

Location: South Coastal Road, Talisay City, Cebu 

Open from 11:00 a.m. up to 11:00 p.m. (Some restaurants and shops open as early as 10:00 in the morning. 

- x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x


Photo by Henry Libo-on, Touristang Pobre.

 Introduction

Cebu's SRP or South Road Properties have seen dynamic changes and growth the past few years. With the completion of the CCLEX - Cebu-Cordova Link Expressway or the Cebu-Cordova Bridge, this part of Cebu Province has been the center of growth and development from housing, business, and other infrastructure services designed to improve the economic and tourism industry of the province as well as improve the quality of life of the people of Cebu.  

* * * * * * * * 

How I happened to go to Il Corso

After our "running tour" of the CCLEX and the town of Cordova, Mactan Island, we decided to take a respite on the scenic, by the sea view of Il Corso, a popular destination for tourists who wanted to experience dining by the sea. 

Il Corso is a place, just like a food park, where tourists and visitors can have a choice of restaurants and bars to have lunch or dinner. 

But more than this, IL CORSO is also place for children because there is a wide area devoted as playground. What is nice about it is - it is facing the sea. 

My travel companion cum tour guide was my nephew Tata, his classmate Christian, and my big brother Rudy. Earlier in the day, I explored the Temple of Leah and the CCLEX. After a tiring tour of the bridge and the town of Cordova, Tata and Christian suggested that we go to Il Corso, and have dinner at CHIKAAN SA CEBU. 

We were all hungry and tired, so I also forgot to take photos of the food we ate. But, I remember we ordered Crispy Pata that looks like Lechon, Grilled Bangus, Bam-i Guisado, Fried Rice, Soup (I forgot the name), and Dessert, again, nalilmot si Dodong, haha...

It was a great dinner at Chikakan IL CORSO, pramis. 

Photos were sourced or what most people call, "grabbed" from CHIKAAN Cebu featured article from "bing.com" and "lifestyle.inquirer.net".  Thanks. 


Grilled Bangus 


Bam-i Guisado. 
Lechon or Crispy Pata. I remember eating this, haha....nakalimut si Lolo, lol. 

Chikaan Fried Rice

Soup
***All photos from CHIKAAN featured article available on "bing.com", and "lifestyle.inquirer.net"

* * * * * * * * * * * 


So, it was my first time to visit this glamorous lifestyle mall, as what one writer said, about IL CORSO and its collection of bars, restaurants, and shops. 

* * * * * * * * 

Chikaan Sa Cebu is not a new dining experience for me. 

In fact, I have been to all kinds of restaurants offering Filipino food or Pinoy cuisine at its best. But eating by the seaside in a huge food park, so to speak, is indeed another level of experience here in Cebu. 

We were seated in this see-through kind of dining area which I don't know what its name. If you know, please comment below. Is this called Charles Bentley Egg-Shaped Rattan Furniture? (Sorry, mga Ka Pobre, haha...manolito si Tiyoy.)

Actually, the first experience I had, eating and drinking inside this egg-shaped and see-through dining area was at La Vie Parisienne of the Lhuillier's at Lahug. (I posted a picture hereunder from my Blog about Cebu: La Vie Parisienne.) 

Dining area at La Vie Parisienne. 
Photo by Touristang Pobre.

Dining area at Chikaan Sa Cebu at Il Corso.
Source: cebuinsights.com

* * * * * * * * 

Back to Chikaan Sa Cebu at Il Corso, this restaurant offers an array of Filipino food that has captured the taste buds of the locals and the tourists as well. Such dishes include the following: Crispy Pata, Sinigang na Baboy, Nilagang Baka, Pancit, Kaldereta, Sisig, Inihaw na Liempo, and many, many more. I greatly enjoyed the food at Chikaan Sa Cebu. It was my first time, after two years, to taste the true Filipino cooking. I lived in the U.S. the whole years of the Pandemic. That explains my voracious appetite for Filipino food now. Nakaka miss ang lasa, di ba?

* * * * * * * *  

Photo below shows the surrounding area of IL CORSO. I struggled to get a better picture of the place, but it was super dark, and my little flash is not strong enough to produce a better picture. 

My brother Rudy and son Tata lead the way tot he restaurant while me and Christian follow them. 




* * * * * * * * 

Source: YouTube, uploaded by Mark Ceniza Vlog.
Mr. Mark, I don't know you, but I like your Vlog, that is why I shared it here in Touristang Pobre. Thank you. 

My impressions:

IL CORSO is new to me even if I frequently visit Cebu because of family ties. But two years of the Pandemic forced me to stay in the U.S. and wait for the right time to return to the Philippines. I fly from New York to Taipei, and then to Cebu before flying to my hometown - Bacolod City. 

This time while I was in Cebu, I visited those places that, in the past, I intentionally did not visit because I preferred to travel to the islands than Cebu proper. One discovery I made last week, was the IL CORSO which to me is like a Food Park. Where several bars and restaurants can be found, several shops and souvenir stores are located. The added bonus for any traveler or tourists is the seaside view from IL CORSO, and the possibility of a "running tour" of the CCLEX or Cebu-Cordova Bridge and the nearby Cordova township. 

So, I was lucky to have been guided by my nephew Tata and his classmate Christian, together with my elder brother Rudy, to this food park and glamorous lifestyle of the Cebuanos here on the SRP or South Road Properties' newest economic and tourism strip. 

* * * * * * * * 

Hereunder is an article on "Il Corso: Cebu's Glamorous Lifestyle Mall in Talisay City published at Insights CEBU.

Il Corso: Cebu’s Glamorou s Lifestyle Mall In Talisay City (cebuinsights.com)

* * * * * * * *

Source: YouTube, uploaded by Munky Explores. Thanks. 

Before you go, please LIKE my Facebook Page, and SHARE this Blog with your friends. Thanks. 

* * * * * * * * 


September 16, 2022.
Reviewed - April 26, 2023.


IL CORSO CEBU Reviewed by Touristang Pobre on 6:38:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Share your awesome thoughts on this post.

All Rights Reserved by Touristang Pobre © 2014 - 2016

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by konradlew. Powered by Blogger.