Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Travel Destinations

Destination

TAIWAN TO CEBU (Part 2 of New York to Cebu)

 TAIPEI TO CEBU

* * * * * * * 

Flashback 

Our arrival at Taoyuan International Airport was smooth. Breakfast in the aircraft was served just in time to allow the passengers to finish their meal before touchdown. 

We disembarked from the plane and was guided by the airline staff to our next gate C3. 

I followed the crowd of international passengers with connecting flight to Cebu until we reached the waiting area of the airport train that will take us to the next terminal where gate C3 is located. I found a vacant seat near the gate and decided to search for that Shower Room if time permits.

Let's take a shower

For long distance travelers like me, this "long haul" created discomfort on my part. I want to take a shower and freshen up for my flight to Cebu. The reason is obvious. I wish to smell good when sitting next to other passengers. 

* * * * * * * * 

The Shower Room

Long distance travel and not able to shower makes me feel uncomfortable. I enjoy flying across the Pacific so to speak, if my stop-over is Incheon International Airport, because they have Shower Rooms in the upper Concourse. The use is free, and each room is provided with shampoo, conditioner, and soap. Use your creativity to provide yourself with a towel, lol. 

* * * * * * * *

Taiwan Airport has new Shower Rooms

But now, September 2022, I am a bit worried if I can find a Shower Room at Taiwan's airport. But I was surprised to know that they have it now. Can I use it? I asked myself. Because I only have one hour and 50 minutes before boarding time, I wasn't able to go to the Upper Concourse where the said Shower Rooms are located. 

What I did? I looked for the Restroom and used my creativity to freshen up and went back to the gate to wait for boarding time. "Basi ma bayaan si Tiyoy, ma sakay gid ko sa silhig pa Cebu." haha.

* * * * * * * *

We're like birds that sit in the wilderness

Yes, we're like birds who were confused when will the whole flock take flight? The time for boarding has passed but no announcement to board was made. The long wait continues. It was really making me think - "kon nag saka ako sa Upper Concourse, tapus na ako paligo." (If I went to the Shower Room in the Upper Concourse, I'm probably done with taking a bath.)

Boarding the plane for Cebu

Finally, it is boarding time, halleluiah! 

As usual, the first to board the aircraft were passengers on wheelchairs, followed by women with babies, and others. The passengers were divided in groups - Zone 1 and Zone 2. First to board was Zone 1 and followed by Zone 2. Just be ready with your boarding pass and passport. 

Walking towards Gate C3.

Passengers rode this train to the next terminal where we find C3 Gate. This is where boarding the plane for Cebu will be done. 

This announcement helps passengers where to locate Gate C3. 


FlyteBoard allows guests to quickly confirm the status of their flight.  My research revealed that this flight information comes directly from the airlines and airport. In this FlyteBoard, I confirmed that my flight to Cebu will board at the time written on my boarding pass. 

* * * * * * * * 
I was really tired, and felt a bit dizzy, and (hipus lang) "nag lbm ako". I prayed that Imodium is working in my system, lol. (I just remember what Jane D. told me, "halung lang"...me, what? halung lang nga indi ka mag "loops"...haha... it was so scary friends, lol. But I made it through the rain, so to speak. 

* * * * * * * * 
Finally, the take-off. 

Taipei in the morning was a picture of peace. Fogs, moving cumulus clouds, and birds flying from the distance, and the king sun was already bursting its golden rays. I had a great feeling of joy and excitement as I head home. 

Can't Help Falling In Love With You 
Performed by Joslin 
Source: JoslinMusic on YouTube

* * * * * * * * 
Missing home and the people we love? This is the greatest motivating factor for an overseas Filipino to head home. Mine is an anticipation of a happy and productive homecoming. Will it be a nice vacation, a time to relax and rekindle friendship and camaraderie with family and friends? Or will it be a vacation that will force me to use my superpowers to sprinkle the Gold Dust to make people think about what's good and beautiful in human existence? God bless us. 

* * * * * * * *
In the final analysis, let us be happy and think positive that one's life is created to complement another person's life. 

* * * * * * * * 

An hour after take-off, "lafang na naman guys". Lafang is Life, lol. 

I lost track of my photos of this flight from Taipei to Cebu, but I can recall that passengers were served with Spaghetti with slices of carrots, slices of fruits, bun and butter, and a choice of coffee, tea (or sympathy? joke lang), and of course soda. Someone requested soda instead of coffee. This is very interesting, lol.

I must be hungry, maybe, that I forgot to take picture of the Spaghetti with slices of carrots, and meat, for breakfast. 

* * * * * * * * 

Arrival in Cebu-Mactan International Airport

A Brief History 

Hereunder is the short history of Mactan Cebu International Airport. 
Source: en.wikipediadotorg, 

Mactan–Cebu International Airport (Cebuano: Tugpahanang Pangkalibutan sa Mactan–Sugbo; Filipino: Paliparang Pandaigdig ng Mactan–Cebu; IATA: CEB, ICAO: RPVM) is the second busiest international airport in the Philippines.[3] It is located in the city of Lapu-Lapu on Mactan, a part of Metro Cebu and serves the Central Visayas region. The airport is managed by the Mactan–Cebu International Airport Authority and serves as a hub for Cebu Pacific, Pan Pacific Airlines, and Royal Air Philippines.

On 797 hectares (1,970 acres), it has a single 3,300-meter (10,800 ft) runway that was built by the United States in 1956 as an emergency airport for U.S. Air Forces' Strategic Air Command bombers and was known as Mactan Air Base.[4] The runway is complemented by a full-length taxiway that it shares with the current Mactan Air Base of the Philippine Air Force.


The runway was built by the United States Air Force in 1956 as an emergency airport for Strategic Air Command bombers and it was known as the Mactan Air Base.[4] It remained a spartan outpost until the Vietnam War in the 1960s when it became a base for a C-130 unit of the U.S. Air Force.[4]

(Source: enwikipedia.org)



Mactan Cebu International Airport
Source: YouTube and Alman Dave Quiboquibo
Thanks.

Cebu Mactan International Airport. 
Source: My Cebu Dot Ph and www.bing.com

Cebu Mactan International Airport is a newly renovated airport and is recognized as Asia-Pacific Medium Airport of the Year, 2018, CAPA Asia Aviation Awards for Excellence.

* * * * * * * * 

At this point, the passengers disembarked from EVA Air. The passenger has to pass through two (2) airport counters. The first one was the Bureau of Quarantine. Passengers were asked to present their OHP Barcode or One Health Pass bar code, previously obtained 48 hours before departure from point of origin. In my case, JFK IA, New York. I obtained my OHP barcode online. 

Please visit online the OHP Bureau of Quarantine here - BOQ Health Declaration Registration (onehealthpass.com.ph)

The second counter is the Immigration Counter. Please present your passport and forms you previously filled up while in the airplane. Please remove your cap and face mask because the immigration officer will take a photo of you. 

You will then pick-up your suitcases and move on to the Customs counter. In my case, my hand carry and backpack were X-rayed and after that I was given the signal that everything is done.

After this, you are free to leave the airport. 

Welcome to Cebu, Philippines.

* * * * * * * *

Perhaps, this blog by Wanderlust solewalkerdotcom tells a story about the location of these Shower Rooms. 

Taipei, Taiwan: Taoyuan International Airport Free Showers!!!, 07 May 2015 – Wanderlust (solewalker.com)  

* * * * * * * * 

Please do not forget to LIKE my Facebook Page and SHARE this Blog with your friends. Thank you. 

* * * * * * * * 

CEBU TO BACOLOD (Part 3 of New York to Cebu Blog) - Touristang Pobre

SHOUTOUT DYAN SA LAHAT NA OFW WHEREVER YOU ARE IN THE WORLD. 

Touristang Pobre 

September 9, 2022.



TAIWAN TO CEBU (Part 2 of New York to Cebu) Reviewed by Touristang Pobre on 4:39:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Share your awesome thoughts on this post.

All Rights Reserved by Touristang Pobre © 2014 - 2016

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by konradlew. Powered by Blogger.