Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Travel Destinations

Destination

CEBU TO BACOLOD (Part 3 of New York to Cebu Blog)

CEBU TO BACOLOD


Flashback

My journey to visit my hometown of Bacolod began on September 7 from the JFK International Airport. At this time, Taiwan changed its policy about COVID-19 Quarantine. This made travel to Taiwan more relaxed in terms of COVID-19 regulations. This is also the reason why I chose EVA Air as my carrier on this trip back to the Philippines. This direct flight from New York to Taipei takes about 16 hours. 

* * * * * * * * 

Disclaimer: You can search for other sources of information to be updated with travel time and other details about flying from New York to Taiwan.

* * * * * * * * 

Passengers in this EVA Air flight from New York had a stop-over of almost two hours before flying to Cebu. It is one of the shortest stopovers I had experienced.  Hence, I was not able to investigate the newest amenity that the airport offers its passengers - the Shower Rooms.

* * * * * * * * 

Passengers Check-In at JFK


At JFK International Airport, New York. 
E.V.A. Air Check-In Counter for passengers flying the New York-Taiwan-Cebu flight. 

After passing through the Check-In Counter, passengers went through the Security Checks. After this, they have to proceed to the designated Gate for boarding their aircraft. 

The flight to Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport

At New York, EVA Air took off for Taipei, a little past one in the morning. At last, after a long ordeal of checking-in, passing through security check, walking to the gate, and others, the passengers were able to board their aircraft. 


The flight path from New York to Taipei.

Touchdown Taipei at Taoyuan International Airport.

Stopover at Taipei and the flight to Cebu

Our stopover in Taipei was only good for one hour and fifty minutes. Then, we went through security check again, and waited at gate C3 for boarding our aircraft that will take us to Cebu. 

Taoyuan International Airport
Arrival in Cebu

Travel time from Taipei is approximately two hours and 30 minutes. Cebu is the final leg of my international travel itinerary. It means that I will have to present my One Health Pass to the Bureau of Quarantine, then present my travel documents to the Bureau of Immigration and present the previously filled-up BOC Form together with my suitcases to the Customs officials. Everything is fast if there is no misdeclaration. 

By the way, food service on board EVA Air is always a feast. Their catering service must have mastered the art of food service and food handling that click with Asian travelers, like me...haha. Well, like me who loves good food. After all, "Lafang" is life. 

* * * * * * * *

The flight back home - Cebu to Bacolod, part 3 of New York to Cebu Blog.

My nephew and his classmate picked me up from Golden Prince Hotel where I was billeted for 3 nights and 4 days. Travel time from the hotel to the airport is 30 minutes but it can run up to 2 hours if you will encounter heavy traffic and/or road accidents caused by other drivers. 

My flight is 10:40 a.m. from Cebu to Bacolod City. I love to travel by PAL because it is, hassle free or less stress for me. PAL check-in counters are located in Terminal 2, the newly (2018) built terminal that can accommodate more international flights to and from Cebu. 

Departure area for PAL

The picture shows the way to the departure area here in Terminal 2 where PAL has check-in counters. 


Entrance to the departure area at Terminal 2.
Now, you are inside the check-in area for departing passengers.
It looks like being inside a shopping mall. 

It's boarding time for passengers bound for Bacolod. 

PAL's Dehaviland Dash 8 Turboprop aircraft
Finally, I'm in the aircraft. 


The distance is 70 miles from Cebu to Bacolod and travel time is approximately 45 minutes. 


LET'S HAVE A LOOK AT WHAT THESE PICTURES WOULD "SAY".

It's a bridge connecting Cebu City and Mactan Island.

Urban areas of Mactan Island in the foreground and Cebu City on the background. 

Passengers disembark the plane and walk through the backdoor of the Bacolod-Silay International Airport. Once they reach the door, the carousel is within view. Then, they can pick up their suitcases and leave the airport. Nearby that carousel is the Restrooms. 
"Ka mahal bala sang renta ka Tube, that is why lakat2 na lang kami anay." hehe. Besides, ka nubo ka Dehavilland, taas ang Tube. Be happy because we are finally home. 

* * * * * * * * 

IT'S TIME TO SMILE AGAIN. 
BALIK YUHUM SMILE AGAIN
 Featuring - DARREN & SUE RAMIREZ
OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO OF MASSKARA 2022 

Source: YouTube by Red Events. Thanks. 


* * * * * * * * 
These winds up my 3-parts series Journey ni Tiyoy pa Pilipinas, lol.


Before you leave, please LIKE my Facebook Page and SHARE this Blog with your friends. Have a great day. 

* * * * * * * * 

My comments:

*Always keep a photocopy of your electronic ticket. In the afternoon before my flight, I cannot find my ticket. I spent time searching for it, in my backpack, all the pockets, until I realized that it is getting dark, and I must run to the travel agency where I bought the ticket to get a new copy. I run to Ayala Metro near the hotel where I stayed. When I arrived in the travel agency's office, it was already closed. I explained and she stayed a bit longer just to print the ticket. I was really stressed, and probably, this is one of the reasons why I have LBM. Ks stressful mag viaje. 

* * * * * * * * 

Touristang Pobre.

September 11/2022. 


CEBU TO BACOLOD (Part 3 of New York to Cebu Blog) Reviewed by Touristang Pobre on 3:26:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Share your awesome thoughts on this post.

All Rights Reserved by Touristang Pobre © 2014 - 2016

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by konradlew. Powered by Blogger.