Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Travel Destinations

Destination

RESORT: LA BLANCA AT MASULOG LA CASTELLANA

 LA BLANCA AT MASULOG LA CASTELLANA

Location: 

*Barangay Masulog, La Castellana, Negros Occidental

*A few kilometers to Canlaon City, Negros Oriental 

* * * * * * * * * * * * 


Introduction

Unknown to many people here on the island of Negros in central Visayas, is a mountain resort that was the focus of Touristang Pobre's travel adventure. 

Here at La Blanca, TP tried to uncover what this far away resort has to offer for its visitors and foreign travelers looking for a place to stay and relax. 

* * * * * * * * 

Touristang Pobre has traveled from New York to Negros Occidental just to visit this place which most people do not know exists. Am I right? 

But this time, TP will tell you a story how he reached this faraway place. 

Let's begin.

Before arriving in Bacolod City, I went online, specifically, Google Earth. Then I searched for the map of Negros Occidental and viewed the different towns and cities of the province until I reached La Castellana. I remember that when I went to Canlaon City, few years ago, I saw some stores, coffee shops, and small resorts in this town. 

But my discovery happened when I saw the name "La Blanca Resort Masulog La Castellana". So, I clicked that name and what I saw made me decide to go there the next time I will go to Canlaon City. 

La Blanca Resort is located few meters from the highway. 

The trip. 

I packed a few things I needed for this adventure. It took us an hour or so to reach La Carlota City. My travel buddy and also the pilot was Pareng Leo, Capsule for short, lol.  We drove through the new route that is Bacolod - Sum-ag Tabunan Road - going to Ma-ao, and then La Carlota City. 

We just passed by La Carlota City because I decided to have lunch along the Rotunda at La Castellana. We search for any decent restaurant but could not find any. 

So, we decided to have lunch in the town center. I asked Pareng Leo to search for a nice restaurant so that we can have a decent brunch before we drive farther to La Castellana - Canlaon Road Junction or Rotunda. 

Leo remembered a nice place with a hotel/inn facility. That place that was owned by one of his "suki". So, we looked for that place. It was called Villa Indo. It was located inside a private family compound, but the restaurant served as event center too. 

Funny Story

Before we had brunch at Villa Indo. It took us almost an hour before Leo found the place. Ga utoy2 kami kadlaw sang amon oficio. Man, duha ka seniors nag upod, haha. It's good there was a good samaritan who told us that we had been passing by Villa Indo but failed to stop there. Leo had been in Villa Indo before. The problem? The landmark Leo was looking for was "chopped" down, haha. I wondered why he was so insistent in parking for a while near the St. Vincent's Academy. I told him - "Pre, may pen pal ako diri sang una, sang high school pa ko, (1968). Tingala ko nga halay sya parking2 sa tupad escuelahan kay ang tubang gali, Villa Indo, less that "landmark" that was "chopped" down. OMG gid. 

Ti, I went down the car and went inside the compound and saw a restaurant at the end of the compound. Leo followed me and excitedly said - "Amo ni sya!" Daw ka kita ako kasanag kay sa totoo lang gutom na gid si Tiyoy, lol.

We ordered fried chicken and pancit for long life sang mga Seniors, haha.

While eating, I observed him looking intently at the glass full of water. I said, "nga-a wala ka nag inom tubig?" To which he replied, "Ang sabor nya daw asin, daw tubig sa San Ca...s".  I retorted, "Oy, ti, indi pag imna, basi mag burot tyan mo, just drink soda."

Ga inutoy utoy naman kami ka kadlaw sang tubig, because I did not drink my water too, I am scared to have an upset stomach.  Anyway, the pancit guisado was really good that I ordered two "take outs", one for him and one for me.

Leo made my day, haha. 

The Rotunda or La Castellana-Canlaon Road

After eating our brunch at Villa Indo in La Castellana town proper, we were again ready go on the road. This time, we were looking for the Rotunda that we passed by earlier before going to La Castellana town proper. 

The Rotunda is our jump-off point to the La Castellana-Canlaon Road. The road that will take us to the several coffee shops, resorts, restaurants, and stores that made this road popular among travelers from Bacolod City, and elsewhere on their way to Canlaon City. 

* * * * * * * * 

When he was driving, I noticed that the road he was following was the same road going back to La Carlota, so I said, "Oy, ga balik ka sa La Carlota?" He said, dalan ni pa Rotunda. I realized we passed by that road earlier, but I think I forgot, lol. 

To solve the confusion, we asked the lady who owns a coffee shop on the road, and she told us by pointing the direction by her mouth gestures. You know what I mean? Later she used her finger to point the direction where we should proceed. That way was the road to Masulog, Canlaon, whatever. She was right, of course, local eh...haha...

* * * * * * * * *

We turned left on that road, and I took photos of those coffee shops, restaurants, and other landmarks located just along the road. 

The sun was shining bright. We passed by the huge statue of Mother Mary. Finding it difficult to go near the statue because of the damaged road, I decided to leave the area. Leo asked me, "ti, mang picture ka?" I told him, "karon na lang mag balik."

So, when we came back from Masulog, the fog was so thick that the once clear image or statue of Mother Mary turned out to be like this, photo below.


Upon seeing the thick fog, I said, "ti, marisi gid, kaina nga ka sanag."  
We both laughed out loud. But I took the picture anyway, as proof that I had been there. 
The statue looks nice on this foggy day, "daw apparition", haha, gin justify ko pa, lol.

* * * * * * * * 
From that point of the road where Mama Mary was standing, I soon saw the huge Cross on top of an elevated land. Three visitors were seen descending from the spot where the Cross stood. 

Then, it started to drizzle. As we drove through the road, the fog was developing, and the drizzle turned to heavy rain, then it stopped and drizzle again. It seems that the rain dampened my spirit to move on, as I told Leo we will go back and continue some other day when it is sunny. 

Leo persisted for he has traveled this road a few times. I agreed until we finally reached Masulog, and a few more minutes of driving we reached our destination - 13th Cafe which I fondly called Cafe Trece, and of course, La Blanca Resort. Leo mentioned that Canlaon City is around 7 kilometers away. Anyway, I went down to explore the Cafe Trece, haha. I felt the chilly wind as it blows over my body. Cafe Trece is located on a higher level and below it is La Blanca Resort. We ordered coffee and joined Leo in a smoking session. My first after five years? "Ka saw-a sang sabor ka cigarillo, pero Pinoy ako." I drink coffee and smoke, haha...not at all times. Pramis. 

I took several photos of Cafe Trece, and I went down to explore La Blanca Resort. "Ay, sus, wala personnel nga pamangkutan" There's no one in the entrance because I was ready to pay the fee or whatever. Since no one answered my call - "Ayo, ayoooo!" "Tao Po, tao po", I just went on toward the huts and I saw a pool, and on my right was the hotel. Wow. This place is perfect to spend a short vacation, hold an event, or to have a family gathering or excursion. 

Now, I will share those photos I took during this visit. But I suggest you click the link hereunder to see the location of the resort on the map. 


* * * * * * * * *



This welcome sign is what you can see along the road. 

The swimming pool and the water slide. Around the pool are huts and shed houses.

Their hotel rooms are ready for guests who want to stay overnight or for a few days in the resort. 


The huts and the garden nearby.


This is the driveway from the highway entrance. 


Top photo shows driveway to La Blanca Resort. 

13th Cafe or Trece Cafe for short, haha, is located along the highway. 



13th Cafe is located on a hilly portion of the entrance to the resort.
All photos by Touristang Pobre except the Rotunda which was sourced from google earth. 

* * * * * * * * * 


The Rotunda is an indicator that travelers going to Masulog-Canlaon areas of La Castellana must stop here and turn to the La Castellana-Canlaon Road. 
Source:Google Earth.

How to get to La Blanca Resort? 

Let's agree that you find the Rotunda at La Castellana. This Rotunda is the start of the La Castellana-Canlaon Road. Just follow this road until you reach Barangay Masulog. If you encounter one or two crossroads, just ask the locals what road to take to reach La Blanca.  Sometimes the locals are better than Wayze or Google, hmmm, just kidding. 

What to do there? 

So many things to do such as:
  • Swimming
  • Picnic and excursion
  • Family event like birthday, anniversary, reunion, etc. 
  • Seminar, training, team building, etc. 
  • Overnight stay
  • Explore the farms nearby 
  • Other things you may wish to do. "Ipaalam lang sa admin, o' di ba?"
* * * * * * * * * * 

My comments:

*  Hindi ako bayad sa feature blog na ito, haha. I am not paid to do this Blog. 
* This feature Blog is TP's support to the promotion of local tourism and making it easy for travelers and adventurers to find this place. 
* Hindi ako nahirapan na e locate ang place na ito, dahil na google ko na sya ng matagal, o' di ba? I did not find it difficult to locate the place because I googled it before going there. 
* The place is peaceful, calm, cool, and near nature. Surrounded sya ni Mother Earth. So, the tranquility and peace will enable you to relax, away from the hurly-burly of city life. Aba, naka english si Tiyoy, haha...
*  I think families will love it here not only for adults but for the kids as well. 
*  I am not sure if the admin will accept orders, I mean food. As I have said in the start of our conversation, walang employees around to talk to me but the guy at the coffee shop helped me with some information. Thanks. 
*  While drinking coffee at 13th Cafe, I asked the Barista if I have to pay for the entrance to the resort, kasi willing naman akong magbayad, o' di ba? Pero sabi ni Barista, "ok lang sir" pumunta lang daw ako sa Reception or something like that, lol. Problema ko, walang tao doon. 
*  I really enjoyed my very brief photo session and selfies at La Blanca Resort, Masulog, La Castellana. 
*  I hope this feature Blog will help promote the local tourism in La Castellana, specifically, La Blanca Resort. Let us support local entrepreneurs to help boost our local economy, help provide livelihood to the locals, and create awareness among travelers, backpackers, Vloggers, Bloggers, as well as all the Maritesses and Maricels so that they can plan their next activity in the places that I feature here on Touristang Pobre Travel Blog, o' di ba? 

* Have a nice day everyone. If you enjoy reading this feature Blog, please LIKE our Facebook Page and SHARE this feature blog with your friends. Thank you, arrivederci, Grazie, Arigato, Xie xie, Shukran, Spasiba kon Ukrainian or Russian. Ciao, kon Italian. lol.

* * * * * * * * *
November 14, 2022. 
Reviewed on May 25, 2023.
Reviewed on March 13, 2024.




The Pyramid of Kukulkan
Chichen Itza, Mexico. 

* * * * * * * * 


Have a good day everyone. God bless you too.


* * * * * * * * * 


Honey Take My Hand 
Performed by Cody Francis 
Cody Francis is Utah-based Producer-Singer-Songwriter. 
This is his website - codyfrancismusic@gmail.com

Video Source: Prabath Jayasinghe on YouTube.
Thanks. 














RESORT: LA BLANCA AT MASULOG LA CASTELLANA Reviewed by Touristang Pobre on 12:13:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Share your awesome thoughts on this post.

All Rights Reserved by Touristang Pobre © 2014 - 2016

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by konradlew. Powered by Blogger.