Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Travel Destinations

Destination

AEROTEL AT MACTAN-CEBU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

AEROTEL at Mactan-Cebu International Airport

 

Introduction 

Before I discovered this hotel in Terminal 2 of the Mactan-Cebu International Airport, I always go downtown of the city to spend a few nights in the Golden Prince, then take my PAL flight for my hometown few days later. 

This time, it is going to be different because I discovered this hotel and I decided to make it a try.

My journey began in New Jersey. I traveled from Newark Liberty International Airport to Cebu. We called Korean Airlines to purchase a ticket to Cebu. (Actually, my children did the ticketing.)

This flight, however, is not serviced by Korean Air but by Delta Air which is an affiliate of Korean Air.  This is the reason why my ticket was Korean Air "operated by Delta Air". Meaning, I will fly Delta Air from Newark, New Jersey, to Incheon, South Korea and Korean Airline from Incheon to Cebu. 

* * * * * * * 

 The flight back home to the Philippines.

 My journey began at 2:00 o'clock in the morning. I had to do this because my flight is at six in the morning and I need to check-in at least three hours before departure which is 6:00 o'clock in the morning from Newark Liberty International Airport to Minneapolis' St. Paul International Airport which was my first stopover. 

* * * * * * * * 

At home, I exchanged "bye byes" with my daughter Tsa and grandkids. My son-in-law Nick had to wake up early too because he will be driving me to the airport. 

Newark Airport is 30 minutes (more or less ) from home. Upon arrival at the airport, we went straight to the check-in counters of Delta Air. After a few minutes, I was done with the check-in and got ready to proceed to the immigration counter as well as the security area. I said goodbye and "thank yous" to my son-in-law Nick for accompanying me to the airport. All is well that ends well.

* * * * * * * * 

Delta Air left Newark at around 6:00 in the morning and landed at Minneapolis airport at around eight in the morning. This is our first stopover.

After almost two hours in the pre-departure area of this airport, we boarded the aircraft, Delta Air, and continued our flight to Incheon, South Korea, few minutes  before eleven in the morning.

* * * * * * * *

Delta Air landed at Incheon International Airport (ICN) at around 3:30 p.m. the next day.

* * * * * * * * * 

At Incheon, the passengers were ushered to the security check area and soon after they were cleared by airport security checkers, and they were asked to proceed to their Gate to wait for their boarding time for Cebu. 

* * * * * * * 

International passengers did not pass through the immigration here in Incheon, because we were just "passing by" hmmm, stopover, and we were already processed or passed through the immigration in our airport of origin - Newark.

(Unless you will stay in Korea, you need to pass through the Immigration Counter. Because our final destination is Cebu, we will present our travel documents, passport and all, to Cebu Immigration Officer.)

It is normal to think about your luggage. In my case, I did not worry about my luggage because I was informed by the check-in counter clerk at Newark that I will be picking up my luggage in Cebu.

* * * * * * * * * 

As I mentioned earlier, we, the passengers, were told to proceed to our Gate, I think that was Gate Number 254. I spent my "waiting time" taking pictures and interacting with the airline ground crew.

At 6:10 in the evening, we boarded the aircraft, the Korean Air which will fly us to Cebu. Bye bye Delta Air.

* * * * * * * * * 

Touchdown Cebu.

So, after 4 hours, the aircraft landed at Mactan-Cebu International Airport, Terminal 2. This is the terminal devoted to International Arrival and Departure. (Terminal 1 is devoted to Domestic arrival and departure, which I will talk a little more later.) 

Presenting our travel documents.

After disembarking the aircraft in Cebu, the passengers passed by the airport e-Travel checkers. Then, we proceeded to the immigration counter to present our passport and other travel documents.

There were two counters - the Foreign Passport and the Philippine Passport. I joined the queue of passengers with foreign passport. After this, the passengers went to the baggage claim area. I took my two luggage and proceeded to the Customs Counter.

(Before landing, the airline crew distributed a questionnaire/Customs form for all passengers to fill-up.)

We presented that form together with our passport to the Customs Officer of the day. She read the form and  just say, "Ok na sir." The whole process was smooth, very orderly. Mabuhay Pilipinas, Mabuhay Cebu!

* * * * * * * * *

Finding the Aerotel. 

At this time, it was around 12 midnight, my body was aching and I felt soooo tired that I changed my plan of checking in a hotel in downtown Cebu to checking in at Aerotel right here in Terminal 2 of Mactan International Airport. 

I went to the exit.

So, after getting out of the terminal, I mean, "nag exit lang po", I turned to the right side of the exit door to locate the elevator that will take me to the upper level where Aerotel is located. Hereunder is the entrance to the elevator where the Aerotel ad informs you that you are on the right way.  

 The photo below shows the entrance to Aerotel, located on the upper level of Mactan Cebu International Hotel. Photo is taken from the website of myaerotel.com

Comment: My photo of the entrance is on my Facebook Page but does not stay longer once it is posted here. Thank you.


        Upon my arrival there, I informed the receptionist that I will stay for only 3 hours because I will check-out at 3 in the morning to catch my PAL flight for Bacolod City. 

She was able to find me a Single Room. Soon, I had a feeling of relief. My tired body can lie flat and rest. The dinner served by Korean Air still fill my stomach, so to speak. 

This is a Solo Plus Room but the one I stayed was Single Room with toilet and bath. 
I had a problem posting the photo I took during my stay here at Aerotel, Mactan Cebu International Airport, so I just "borrowed" this photo from Aerotel's website - myaerotel.com
 
* * * * * * * * 

 So, I just made my coffee, drink it while fixing my clothes, and soon after I slept.

* * * * * * * *

  At around 2:30 in the morning, I took a hot shower, had coffee, dressed and gathered my luggage and placed them on the cart. I checked-out. The bill? Very affordable. Aerotel has three A's - Affordable, Accessible, and Available, haha. 

* * * * * * * *

 I'm not paid to do this, (beke nemen, lol.). But, as a travel writer and Blogger, this is my little contribution to nation building, charrh. Aerotel is conveniently located. 

For travelers who have to take another aircraft to reach their final destination, staying in this hotel which is located right in the airport terminal can save precious time and energy. Again, it was comfortable and less stressful for me.

* * * * * * * * 

From Aerotel, I took the elevator to reach the ground floor, then pushed the cart full of my luggage and walked under the canopy. Actually, I followed where this canopy or overhead roof would end. Why? At the end of this canopy is the entrance to Terminal 1 where the departure and arrival of Domestic flights is located. Terminal 1 is Domestic and Terminal 2 is for International flights. 

No photo description available.

Tip: This covered walkways will lead you to Terminal 1 if you move forward or Terminal 2 if you move backward, haha...kaya mo mag urong - sulong? Just kidding.

Photo Credit: Mactan Cebu International Airport Facebook Page.

Comment: I passed by this covered walkways but forgot to take a picture, lol.

* * * * * * * *

 At the entrance of Terminal 1 is the elevator that took me to the upper level where PAL check-in counters are located. After presenting my passport and ticket, my luggage where weighed and accepted. I will see my luggage in Bacolod. 

 Photo Credit: Tel Aquino, Foursquare City Guide. 

Comment: I was preoccupied by the check-in process and ensuring that my 2 luggage passed the weight required. They did but I forgot taking photos of the check-in counter. 

* * * * * * * *

Here's the final tip. From the check-in counters, I went towards the stairs that will lead me to the ground floor (again) where the pre-departure area is located. 

But before this happened, I passed by dear Jollibee and had breakfast. 

 After my breakfast, I went to the pre-departure area, and waited until 4:30 a.m. for the gate to open and rode the shuttle bus that took the passengers to PAL's de Havilland aircraft that will fly us to Bacolod City. 

In the final analysis, traveling from the U.S. to the Philippines is always a challenge. The long hour-flight will put to the test one's stamina. But the thought of going home and be with the people you care for will diminish all those tiredness and stress.

"Iba ang Pinoy mag mahal sa pamilya at mga higala, haha, o' di ba?"

* * * * * * * * * 

Henry Libo-on is Touristang Pobre. 

Photo  taken on board the Norwegian Cruise Line - Breakaway.


 

 

 

 

 


































AEROTEL AT MACTAN-CEBU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT Reviewed by Touristang Pobre on 2:51:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Share your awesome thoughts on this post.

All Rights Reserved by Touristang Pobre © 2014 - 2016

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by konradlew. Powered by Blogger.