Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Travel Destinations

Destination

THE SUN AS IT RISES OVER LAKE GEORGE


                                                  "Another Sunrise, Another New Beginning"
                                                        by Jonathan Lockwood Huie



We visited Lake George on a week-end.  I was with my daughter's family and their friends who went to Lake George for a weekend tour. After dinner, I slept early so I can witness the sunrise the next day. 

I woke up at half-past five in the morning, put on my sweatshirt and khaki pants, wore my slippers, carried my camera and went straight to the waterfront.


                             Lake George was awesome in its slumber and serenity.

The hue of pink signals the coming of the sun. 


The shimmering water of Lake George reflects the rays of the sun that are still hidden by this mountain. 


Suddenly, it became clear that it is about to rise.



The Flamingo Resort lookout that overlooks Lake George.



I cannot wait to see how the sunrise would look at this hour of the morning.  I noticed that no one was around the lakefront when I waited for the sunrise.  The place was my private hideaway, so to speak, where I had a silent communion with nature and my God.  


Finally, the sun rises.  I was filled with great joy to welcome the sun.


Here comes the Sun!

Source: YouTube.  Here Comes The Sun performed by Hugo Montenegro.

For me, the sunrise signifies hope and I always love the sunrise because I want my life to be filled with hope.  Hope that someday, a day of abundance will come and fill my life with the greatest joy beyond my expectations. 

Even the greatest Omar Kyayyam has this to say about Sunrise:

"Wake For the Sun, who scatter'd into flight
The Stars before him from the Field of Night,
Drives Night along with them from Heav'n, and strikes
The Sultan's Turret with a Shaft of Light".

(From Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam)







As the sun rises from the east of Adirondack, I sat in one of the white chairs, closed my eyes and did my meditation.  It was such a solemn moment of peace and harmony with no one to disturb me but the rushing of the water as it kissed the shore.

Sunrise watching is one of the many activities that you can engage here at Lake George.  An early morning meditation that will last for 20 minutes can also be a nice experience. 

 Lake George Town is located in the southern end of  Warren County, New York.  Its coordinates are 43 degrees, 37 minutes, 30 seconds North and 73 degrees, 32 minutes and 48 seconds West.  I hope this can help you with your GPS.  The Lake is 32 miles long from Lake George Village to Ticonderoga Landing (Baldwin).   



Photos by Henry C. Libo-on, The Touristang Pobre. 
Mr. Libo-on has the copyright to all his photos.  If you want to use them other than sharing this blog with your friends, please seek his approval...thanks


Acknowledgment:
Thank you to Youtube.  The song Here Comes The Sun was performed by Hugo Montenegro. 



 Fort William Henry played a historical role in the development of Lake George Township.

Lake George is waiting for you this Summer.  



Source: youtube, uploaded by Alysha B., 7/13/16
Thanks, Alysha B. 


* * * * * * * * * * 


Do you find this blog informative?  If you do, please LIKE this page and SHARE it with your friends.  Thanks.  


Copyright photos by Touristang Pobre. 


Updated on June 06, 2018. 
Reviewed on July 28, 2022.

THE SUN AS IT RISES OVER LAKE GEORGE Reviewed by Touristang Pobre on 12:40:00 PM Rating: 5

2 comments:

Share your awesome thoughts on this post.

All Rights Reserved by Touristang Pobre © 2014 - 2016

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by konradlew. Powered by Blogger.