Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Travel Destinations

Destination

CEBU HOTEL: DID SOMEONE SLEEP IN MY HOTEL ROOM??? EXPLORING BANTAYAN ISLAND

DID SOMEONE SLEEP IN MY HOTEL ROOM WHILE I'M AWAY? 

By Henry Libo-on, Blogger at Touristang Pobre

* * * * * * * * * 

Reminder:

Before finalizing your travel plans, please check with the proper authorities about the travel guidelines in your country of origin to your country of destination. Also please check the Visa Requirements. Changes can happen without prior notice. Prepare all your travel documents and travel requirements and place them in one folder for easy access. Before buying your ticket and making a hotel reservation, please see to it that everything is done correctly. As a traveler, it is your full responsibility to follow all the guidelines set by the authorities before embarking on your trip. Observe proper health protocols wherever you are traveling. Have a happy trip. 

* * * * * * * * * 


 Whenever I am in Cebu City my address is Pensione La Florentina or Florentina Pension for short.  It is located on 18 Acacia Street, Lahug, Cebu City.  It is a few-minute walk to Ayala Mall.  It is also a few-minute taxi ride to SM City and the Port of Cebu.  From Mactan International Airport, it is about 35-45 minutes.  From MIA, you can take the SM Shuttle Bus which parked on the right side of the airport's passengers' arrival exit.  The fare from Mactan International Airport to SM City, Cebu is P25.00.  From SM City, just take a taxi to Florentina Pension on Acacia Street. 


 
I prefer to stay here because it is, for me, accessible to Ayala Mall where I can spend my vacant time while waiting for my appointments or schedules of my trips.  At Ayala, I can watch the movies, dine at a restaurant of my choice, go shopping, or simply window shop.  Most of the time, I spend my shopping in the U.S.  So, when I am in Cebu, I prefer to go to Islands Souvenir and other shops selling locally produced shirts and fashion accessories which I can find aplenty in Ayala Mall. 


I stay in a 2-bed air-conditioned room with a bath at the price of P1,050.00 per night.  They also serve breakfast at a very affordable price.  Travelers and Backpackers who are on a budget, stay at Florentina Pension.  There are cheaper hotels in downtown Cebu.  Some offer a P500.00 per night room.  But I prefer to stay at Florentina because of its accessibility to most service centers like a seaport, airport, malls, restaurants, transportation, and many others. If you are a senior, don't forget your Senior I.D.  By the way, I find this pension house clean and quiet.


I love to "stand-by" here to read a book, check on my cell phones, or work on my laptop.






I am more relaxed here.  In big hotels, I do not wear flip-flops or shorts.  That is the difference.  Every time I stay here there were always foreigners.  If not Asian, European tourists.  A few I met were backpackers who are into scuba diving and surfing. 


This is the facade of Florentina Pension.  If you stand here facing the pension, to your left are restaurants on the side of the road.  To your right is one of the busy streets where you can hail a taxi.  The security guard can also call a taxi on the telephone, while you wait in the lobby.

A few minute walks or strolls down Acacia Street, to the left of this road, is Ayala Mall, and the Golden Prince Hotel where I used twice while in Cebu.  But as they increased their room rates, I decided to patronize Pension Florentina. On the main street near Golden Prince Hotel, you can hail a taxi too or wait for a "habal-habal", a single motorcycle, to take you on a road trip to any part of Cebu.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Copyright photos by Henry Libo-on of Touristang Pobre. 

Do you think this post is helpful to you?  If it is, please LIKE my Facebook Page, Touristang Pobre, and  SHARE this with your friends.  Thanks.

Comments:

This post is not sponsored or paid by Pensione Florentina.  Every time I stay here, I pay for my room and coffee. I just publish this because I think that this is a good place for backpackers and travelers who are on a Budget. It is also accessible to Ayala Mall and other service areas in the City of Cebu.  I once stayed at The Golden Prince Hotel and I began to like it because it is near Ayala Mall too and at that time the rate is just ok with me - P1,500.00 per night but since they increased the rates of their Rooms, I decided to stay at Pensione Florentina. I also used my SC Card to avail of the discount.  So far, so good. 

But not until my last stay happened in 2019. 

I left for Bantayan Island and went to the pension house in the evening. When I entered my room, I sensed that something is not the same when I left it in the morning. My bed was a bit crumpled, and there were two long hairs on my pillow. I had a zero haircut and seeing these two long hairs on my pillow was creepy. Did somebody slept or had a "siesta" on my bed? It is not proper. 

The next day I left Cebu for Biliran Island and traveled back to Toledo City, Cebu, the next day. 

In 2021, I am planning to go to Cebu as my jump-off point for my Bicol Region, and Mindanao tour. 


February 9,2019. 
January 28, 2021. 
CEBU HOTEL: DID SOMEONE SLEEP IN MY HOTEL ROOM??? EXPLORING BANTAYAN ISLAND Reviewed by Touristang Pobre on 2:12:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Share your awesome thoughts on this post.

All Rights Reserved by Touristang Pobre © 2014 - 2016

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by konradlew. Powered by Blogger.