Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Travel Destinations

Destination

NEW JERSEY: ROOSEVELT PARK

NEW JERSEY: ROOSEVELT PARK

Text and Photos by Henry Libo-on
Touristang Pobre

* * * * * * * * 

As a blogger, I do not have formal training in photography.  In 1975, I was enrolled in a Mass Communications (Masscom) course in one of the colleges in my hometown Bacolod City.  There, I was introduced to the wonderful world of photography as some of my classmates carried their cameras to school, read some photography books we borrowed in the library and shared notes about the subject.  

After that, my engagement with photography was broken.  I was only back to photography when I had my own Kodak Instamatic Camera.  But, that was what I can only afford at that time.  So, the informal training halted at that stage.

 One week-end when I have nothing to do, I decided I might as well go to the nearest park where I can practice my photography following those simple tips I learned from the internet.


When I arrived at the Roosevelt Park that Saturday afternoon, my only purpose was to take pictures without thinking of really making it great a photography considering that my little camera was not at par with what you may consider as a state-of-the-art camera.  


Then, I passed by the two ladies on the bank of the lake. They looked like professional photographers trying to capture the different view of the lake.  So, I stopped, pretended to be taking pictures too but actually eavesdropping at their conversations.  Bad me.  However, it was such a coincidence of my intention that afternoon - photography session at Roosevelt Park. 


I gathered, that one of them must be a tutor and the other a student.  I hurriedly left and continued with my journey as a neophyte photographer.  Observing them inspired me to apply, once again, what little background I had with photography since 1975.



Although I have my own choices or favorites from among these pictures, I would rather not say it.  If you want to be the judge, please let me know by writing a comment at the bottom of this page. 
                                                              
                                     


                                     

When I took this picture of a building from the distance, I do not have the idea that the tip of the twig (foreground) will look connected to the highest tip of the building (background). It looked like a lightning hit the structure.



According to its website,  Roosevelt Park is located at Roosevelt Drive, Edison, NJ 08837.



The following are the facilities at the park: 







  • Level Playing Fields
  • Ice Skating Rink
  • 7 Tennis courts (lights)
  • 4 Basketball Courts
  • 1 Softball Field
  • 6 Reservable Picnic Groves
  • 1 Open Picnic Grove
  • 3 Playgrounds
  • Bike/Walkways
  • Lake/Fishing
  • Stephen J. Capestro Theater
  • Veterans Memorial
  • Special Feature is the eight (8) acre lake and home of Plays-in-the-Park.


  • Photos by Henry Libo-on, the Touristang Pobre.


    Updated on February 7, 2018.
    Reviewed on June 1, 2022.

    ***

    Please LIKE my Facebook Page and SHARE this Blog with your friends. Thanks. 









    NEW JERSEY: ROOSEVELT PARK Reviewed by Touristang Pobre on 7:04:00 PM Rating: 5

    No comments:

    Share your awesome thoughts on this post.

    All Rights Reserved by Touristang Pobre © 2014 - 2016

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Theme images by konradlew. Powered by Blogger.